Monday, June 17, 2013

....And YOU TURN YOURSELF AROUND! (That's what it's all about!)

Ruthie and I have been a dynamic duo, teaching the HOKEY POKEY and "WHERE IS THUMBKIN?" to a bunch of fun and enthusiastic high schoolers......

Sometimes I forget they don't know any English, and I think, "Why is this SO hard?"...... then Ruthie reminds me that it took me forever to learn the one line repeating praise chorus that she tried to teach me in KinyaRwanda.

Oh, yeah.....it's only easy to me b/c I've been singing these songs since I could talk AND even if they were new, they are in my own language!  Duh.....learning even a simple song in a foreign language ain't easy!

And who knew all you could learn from these two simple songs?

The meaning of:
Run Away
Where is _____?
Here I am!
Left and Right
Put your left ____ IN
Pur your left _____ OUT
In and Out
Turn yourself around
Shake it all about
How are you today, sir?
Sir
Ma'am (added in)
Very well
I thank you

Never realized how educational these songs were, did ya?

So, here are some of the pictures from our times at St. Paul's School.

I need to go back to Kibogora Primary, where Hannah continues to teach her masses of kiddos, so I can get new pictures of that scene.....I could NOT keep it together with that large a crowd.  Kind of overwhelming.  When they sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes", it sounds like an army chanting!

Anyway, here are our pictures from St. Paul's!




Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough room for everyone!  But they sang great from up on the window! 


All the elementary kids "helped" us walk to the outside gate......So cute, but, seriously?  I almost tripped a million times!

No comments:

Post a Comment