Monday, November 30, 2015

Joy Comes in the Morning


Thank you for praying for me!

I "know" many people must have been praying for me since I wrote that last depressing blog post.....I began feeling better within just a few hours of publishing it.  

Wow.  I did not write the post as an experiment in the value of honesty, but if I did, it would have shown honesty really IS the best policy.  

How can a friend help if someone will not say what they need?  How can I help a friend if I do not know my friend needs something?

While I felt hesitant and a bit embarrassed to admit how tired, lousy and bereft of joy I felt on such a normally festive day, I am now glad I said it.  

The end of the story is this:  I do not feel sad any more!  Yay! 
We packed up our stuff and got almost everything in the house on Saturday.  Went up there this morning (Monday) for the last few items, and now we're all in!  Sunday morning, Tim made a fire, and I made coffee for us to drink on the front porch, which includes a luscious view of Mt. Longonot.  Not thirty seconds after I sat, all cozy in my wicker chair, I noticed the faint outlines of a rainbow starting to appear.  Within a few minutes, it became a vibrantly colored, clear-as-a-bell double rainbow! My iphone didn't capture the second rainbow very well at all, but it was there. 

Coincidence?  Nah.  I doubt that very much.  

God came and hugged me tightly Sunday morning, whispering to me through that rainbow, "It will be okay, my child.  I am still here.  You have my promise.  I will always be with you.  It's going to be okay.  I know you're tired, but you'll get some rest now.  And, you're going to enjoy your new house, by the way."  

Since seeing that rainbow, my heart feels like it has grown three sizes, just like the Grinch who (tried to) steal Christmas.  I am still not finished grading, but I've even conquered some of those essays. 

So, thank you for praying for me.  Please let me know how I can pray for you, too.  




No comments:

Post a Comment