Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hoping you are having a great New Year's celebration.  We are here enjoying our twinkling Christmas Tree lights a little longer, munching popcorn and just hanging out together as a family.  Knowing we only have a few more days together makes it all the sweeter.

I saw a couple friends today at the hospital ~ it's so great to see formerly sick people come back, and to get to see how much improved they are!

First up is Paskazi - I am pretty sure I am butchering the spelling of her name (sorry).  I love the radiant look on her face!  Her oldest daughter is shown with her in the second picture.  She has children from about 22 down to 5.  This is the lady from previous posts who was attacked by her husband with a machete and almost killed.  IF it weren't for Tim's super long surgery, and if it weren't for the Canadian surgery team who was here helping him and making it possible for him to do such a long surgery, she wouldn't have made it.  Now she is doing so much better!  I loved seeing her today!  Made me so happy.


 Next is this beautiful man.  He is 96 years young!  I met him a couple months ago when he was having trouble walking on the road.  He was having some pretty bad vertigo at the time, and needed to get to the hospital but didn't have the country insurance, Mutual, and couldn't afford to be treated.  We were able to get him Mutual, thanks to some of you, and also to get him the care he needed.  I saw him today, and he was all smiles.  We hugged and hugged.  He even gave me about 5 kisses on the cheek!  It was so good to see him feeling so well and strong.  Yay!

Hoping you all have a JOY FULL and very blessed New Year!  



No comments:

Post a Comment