Monday, May 27, 2013

Tim ~ A Smooth Operator


Ugh!  Did I really write such a corny title as that?

Well, it has been "one of those days", and I am a bit goofy from being more than a little bleary eyed and worn out - so please excuse me for that silliness.

I promised myself this morning that I would post today, and upload pictures of Tim doing some surgeries - the reason we are here!

However, I don't have a lot of energy to comment on these.  So, I'll just post and let them speak for themselves.  I can say that, whenever I am having a hard day, or wondering what on earth we are doing in southwest Rwanda, all I have to do is put on scrubs and go observe my husband doing what he does best, or go visit his post or pre surgery patients in the wards, and I remember very well why we are here.

I love these verses from Isaiah 58:10-11.  I've been on the receiving end of these verses many times.  So many people have reached out to help me when I've been down, and it is a privilege and blessing to be able to be a part of helping others here now.

 "If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
    and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
    and your night will become like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you always;
    he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
    and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
    like a spring whose waters never fail."


On with the pictures!  




Trying to get a little more light on the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment