Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to My MOM!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AWESOME MOM, Patsy Muller!!!!!!











She raised FIVE kids, and we didn't make it easy on her!  She COURAGEOUSLY and GRACEFULLY lived through a massive flood where she thought she'd lost her husband and two of her sons (but thankfully, they were ok!), a fire which completely destroyed her home and ALL she'd ever owned when she was my current age (47), and another flood which destroyed a bunch of her property when she was about 65.  Another fire burned most of her home down when she was only 12.  She lost her parents to heart attacks when only in her twenties.  She lost her only sibling, a younger brother, in her early fifties.  She supported my Dad when he started a new business out of the spare room in our house.  She willingly uprooted herself, and left the church she loved, all her friends and her family when she moved from her hometown of Houston to Bandera, just because we children and her husband wanted to.  She ended up loving Bandera probably more than anyone else in the family, but it was a huge sacrifice to leave her hometown and take the risk back when she did it.  She served as class mom in our schools more times than anyone could count, she drilled us all on math facts and spelling rules and lists more hours than I'm sure she cares to remember.  She took us to church, she made us behave, which wasn't easy, she bought us clothes, she cooked DELICIOUS meals, threw AMAZING parties for each of us on our birthdays.  She LISTENED when we felt confused as adolescents, and she encouraged me over and over to NOT give up when I kept wanting to drop out of college.  She cared about which sorority I joined, even though it really must have been quite boring to hear about it all, and she liked and cared about my friends (most of them!). She's attended all of my children's piano, violin, and guitar recitals (about 45 recitals, if I've counted correctly), and we won't even start with all the dance recitals, music recitals and sports activities she attended when the five of her children were young.

Was she a saint?  Was she perfect?  Well, no.  But was she just plain one GREAT MOM? YEP!  And did she love her kids?  You bet your boots, she did!  And did she do the very best job she could do at that exhausting job of motherhood?  HECK, YES!  I am SOOOO glad she's been my mom all these years, and so thankful that I've gotten to have a mom on this earth for way longer than she did.

At Ruthie's confirmation, 2011

At Easter Brunch last year....

At Mother's Day brunch at Inn of the Hills in 2010
I'm wishing my MOM, a woman who has given the last 57 years of her life to raising her children and continuing to be a mom to them and a grand mom to her children's children, A VERY SPECIAL DAY.  I hope it is a GREAT one, Mom.  You deserve it.  I wish I could be there to give you a hug.  I love you.  Thank you for all you've done for me, for each of your children, your grandchildren, and for Dad.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment