Thursday, September 27, 2012

A slideshow! Enjoy....


Finally, our internet was fast enough this morning to upload this short slideshow!  Yippee.....I've been trying to upload it for a week and it finally worked.

There are no captions below the pictures to explain them, so I will try to give a brief synopsis of the pictures here.

Many pictures are of our daily life in and around the hospital.  Most of the little children are either recovering from surgery or are admitted for internal medicine reasons in the pediatric ward, where Ruthie and Sam spend a majority of their after school hours.

The "fun, out and about" pictures are from our trip to Kenya, when we took Stephen to Rift Valley Academy.  We saw some orphaned elephants and giraffes at two different animal refuge centers nearby, and met up with another family taking their daughter to RVA for her first year.  We all went to The Java Hut restaurant and ate delicious American tasting hamburgers and delicious coffee drinks on an outdoor patio.  (That restaurant was a taste of heaven, I'm sure of it.)  There is a picture of the entrance sign to RVA (you have to look closely to see the 3 slat wooden sign), a picture of the cornerstone of one of their oldest buildings at the school, laid by former U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt, a picture of Stephen's awesome dorm parents (the cute, young American couple - husband has dark hair, wife has long, blond hair), and I think I put a picture of his dorm room in there as well.

I also included a few pictures of Tim operating, and some of him going on rounds and visiting post-op patients.  (You will be able to tell, his patients love him here just like they do at home.  Yes, I'm an obnoxious, braggy wife!)

I can't remember what else is in this slide show, but hopefully that will help you feel oriented enough as you see the slides.

Enjoy!

~Linda

p.s. Now that I've finally posted this, I already need to make a new slide show.  So much has happened recently.  Our chicken coop is halfway built, and Tim operated on one of the mission's dogs (neutered him) yesterday on the back porch of one of the mission houses here.  That was pretty interesting, for sure!  We are very excited for the chicken coop, as we hope to raise chickens to give to some families in need of nutrition help around here.  I want to name the project after my old Agriculture Director of my 4-H club from my town when I was growing up, but I need to check with his wife first.  (If anyone from Bandera is reading this, and knows Mrs. Lindig's email, please send it to me!)  His name was Mr. Lindig.  Any ideas for the name?  I want to put it on a sign over the coop.  I'm thinking something really original like, "The Werner Lindig Chicken Project".  Catchy, eh?   Obviously, I need some help with the name - any ideas will be appreciated!

I cannot WAIT until I hear a rooster crowing and some hens clucking.........




5 comments:

  1. Tim & Linda, Wow, this is so great!!! Love seeing where you are at and what you are doing. Great pictures, thank you for posting!!! We miss you guys so much. Love, Ryan, Rebecca, Tyler and Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim & Linda, Wow, this is so great!!! Love seeing where you are at and what you are doing. Great pictures, thank you for posting!!! We miss you guys so much. Love, Ryan, Rebecca, Tyler and Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindig Shindig!!! Loved the show and thanks for keeping us updated on your adventure.

    Love to you all!!
    Michelle and Shay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures! The people are so very lucky to have you and your family there to help them. Their faces show how grateful they are. I look forward to the next slideshow!
    Cathy Robertson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! The people are very lucky to have you and your family there with them - the looks on their faces tell the story.

    I look forward to hearing more of your adventures.

    Cathy Robertson

    ReplyDelete